‘The Walking Dead’ Will Rise Again: Showrunners Announce Season 11

The showrunners of the AMC zombie drama, Scott M. Gimple and Angela Kang announced at the New York Comic-Con that The Walking Dead would rise again. After a successful run for nine seasons, the show has been renewed for an eleventh season. The Whisperers are expected to return in the currently running 10th season.

In the midst of rising agitation, as our heroes struggle to hold onto their concept of civilization, the news of recommencing of the show came as a relief for the pack of show admirers.

Even more, there is a surprise for the fans as Lauren Cohan who plays the fan-favourite character of Maggie Greene will make a come back in the following season. Cohan’s return came as an astonishment where she made a staggering entry to reunite with her former producers and cast on stage wearing a mask. As she will be back on the show for the first time since season 6, the crowd erupted in thunderous applause.

Ross Marquand expressed, “She (Lauren Cohan a.k.a. Maggie) just brings so much heart and vulnerability to that show. I don’t know where they are going to go with that storyline; I just found out today that she was for sure coming back, but I would love to see a conclusion or at least a confrontation with her and Negan. That would be amazing.”

One day before, The Walking Dead season 10 premiered, Kang told the Comic-Con crowd what to expect from the Whisperers in the upcoming episodes and how the new season will start.

In the continuation of the series, the upcoming episodes will feature the egression of longtime cast member Danai Gurira, who is associated with the show since season 3.

“I’m really excited for people to see what the Whisperers are up to, it’s such a strange and interesting set of villains,” the executive producer said on the stage.

The Walking Dead is an adaptation of the Comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. A movie under the banner of Universal Studios and Skybound Entertainment starring Andrew Lincoln is also in the works.

“It’s amazing to be on a show that has run this long. It’s such a blessing. It’s such a testament to all the people who worked on it and made it happen and the fans who come along the journey with us,” said Kang.

The series is based on a group of survivors who travel around hunting for a safe and secure home after a zombie apocalypse. It stars Norman Reedus, Danai Gurira, Abh Nash, Lauren Ridloff, Cassady MacClincy, Cailey Fleming, Ross Marquand, Josh McDermitt, Khary Payton, Seth Gilliam, and Eleanor Matsuura.

The fans of the franchise are expecting a lot to look forward to.