Who Is To Be Blamed For Mob Lynching: The People Or The Government?

These days, the seeds of hate are sowed vigorously in the hearts of many individuals who tend to grow it by pouring water day and night to transform it into a gargantuan tree. If it is not stopped from growing now, without doubt, it will surpass the skies.

Tomorrow, the biggest sapling will be the evident figure of us being ignorant, motionless or in a neutral state of mind, who never sought to raise our voice against such indoctrinated beliefs that polarises human units and functions as a hypocrital monarchical regime.

In India today, the spreading of violence, intolerance, and religious disharmony is not only hurting the religious sentiments of ethnic groups but also destroying the futures of lakhs of Indians. The marginalised people are suffering because of such prevailing propaganda preached by a corrupted few. Then some march around the streets wearing the mask of terror and terrorise with anger that can be likened to volcanic eruptions, it is the poor who experience the torment. They are at direct risk of losing their lives in the process of protecting their family from falling prey to barbaric acts, while fearing extensively for their property that could be burnt by the mobs.

Whenever violent incidents occur in cities on a massive scale, it seems to be with the support of some volatile chauvinist, historically fundamentalist and communal party members. Their articulate defamatory sermons are spread to a far extent. Likewise, these days, it is very common to hear unpleasant talks taking place in any socio-political themed seminar. In this situation, the direct or indirect involvement of any elected dominant leader channel their unscrupulous motive to intensify existing sensitive matters to make them worse than they are.

It is like adding extra spice or salt on top of heated arguments for personal gains. Everyone knows what happens next when the careless chief serves meals consisting of a large serving. In the end, the cooked food appears to many guests to be saltier and due to the spice, it would be difficult to eat.

This is how the whole administrative system is working. Elements can be seen floating on the surface and how respondents react seems to mimic the established structure of the authoritarian wing. Moral principles and the credibility to deliver fair judgment has fallen apart.

For more than two decades, it has been observed that a peaceful environment was infused with the toxic gas of the provocation and discrimination by either the ruling state or central government parties ruining ideologies.

In this article, we have decided to focus our attention on the recent incidents which shocked the nation’s citizens by remembering past images of escalated violence.

So, let us begin with comprehending the circumstances in which vigilante attacks were recorded to be high. In 2017, there were several cases of mob lynching reported and hundreds of protestors were spotted across various states, making their voices heard. We felt it was our prime duty or responsibility to address each case but at the same time, we dropped the idea because of limited resources. Now, we have finally succeeded to embark on the never-ending journey of finding the truth.

Similarity Between Mohammed Akhlaq’s Death And Tabrez Ansari’s Lynching

When we looked at the Dadri and Jharkhand mob lynching incidents, we found that obnoxious and unpredictable things that happened were results of baseless rumours about residents suspecting the victim with allegations of smuggling and consuming beef.

When Mohammed Akhlaq and his younger son Danish were beaten up terribly by villagers, the air was filled with outrage. The animosity of party workers and their hatred broke walls and spread in the vicinity. Announcements were made on loudspeakers that sacred cows were in danger, and strong action had been taken against beef-eaters.

This year, the same attacks were orchestrated but with a unique approach of defaming the morality, and brutally thrashing the physical and mental consciousness of Tabrez Ansari by a bunch of 11 people who also made him chant “Jai Shri Ram.”

Three years after the death of their family patriarch, Mohammed Akhlaq’s household is fearlessly battling for justice. Despite their pleas hanging in hope, it is still unknown whether the administration will seriously look into the criminal offenses of those charged. Meanwhile, reports acknowledged that two suspects in the case, namely Hari Om Sisodia and Rupendra Rana, were both contesting the 2019 Lok Sabha election from Uttar Pradesh constituencies.

It is clear that Tabrez Ansari was not killed for cow slaughter, in fact, he was framed in the conspiracy of stealing a bike. Over this, he was assaulted by thugs till he lost his last breath. Any person who dies in a well-planned accident will leave behind their legacy of unsettling pain. In this case, they would also impact their beloved onesin the fight for their rights.

This testimony of resisting prejudiced judgment passed by the judicial system and the probe being handled carelessly by the police officers can be seen in the raging eyes of Tabrez Ansari’s widow, Shahista Praveen. She has threatened to resort to suicide if the Jharkand Police functionary fails to denounce the homicide murder (Section 304) charge and convert it into murder (Section 302) for those ruthless predators, who showed the audacity to take law and order into their own hands.

What we have learned from all these horrifying experiences?

After considering the above disturbing facts, it is clear that the central role of mass media and journalism has played a pivotal role in revolutionising the increasing urbanisation. Certainly, broadcasters, news reporters, editors, and anchors of popular shows took advantage and transformed their persona of becoming a mediator or facilitator in order to garner the highest TRP (Television Rating Point) of much-anticipated and controversial debate on the Hindu-Muslim issue. And with this, they have succeeded in arousing the temptations of the common man, that are repeatedly manipulated to drive the vehicle of enmity geared at a high speed by nothing less than evil-minded conspirators.

Featured image for representative purpose only.