This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mohammad Sufiyan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Women Have Taught Me The Meaning Of Unconditional Love

More from Mohammad Sufiyan

Since childhood, I have always been an introvert. Minimum interaction with people with minimal relationship—which means I have not had much interaction with women. But with the minimum interactions I have had with girls and the amount of friendship I have built with them, I can say with full conviction that amidst of all the stereotypes prevailing in the society, women are your best friends.

I have two sisters and 10 female cousins with whom I’ve had a fair amount of experience of living with women. And by living, I don’t mean sharing a house, by living⁠ I mean sharing a part of my life with them⁠—how they behave when they feel sad and how they cheer when they are joyous, how they talk when they feel beautiful and how they feel strongly when they feel unlovely. When I reflect on my time spent with them, I feel loved and blessed that God gave me such sweet creatures who stand beside me every time, who love me unconditionally and teach me things which no book or college can.

And when I say unconditionally—trust me—I am not able to express my feelings accurately. If you think you have never been loved unconditionally, you probably have never reflected on the love the women near you gave. There are a lot of speculations in our country regarding women, and their behavior and many people judge them day and night out. Some think that women are always gossiping and some just don’t consider them to be trustworthy. Some judge them by their clothes while some by the color of their skin. They are so blinded by their mental capabilities that they have never been able to see a woman’s inner beauty. You cannot help but get mesmerized by this creation of God.

She is soft but bears the pain of giving birth, she is small but runs a house on her own, she smiles even when she is bleeding every month. How strong can a human be? A touch of her on the head can make you sleep; a hug from her can make you free. A mother, a sister, a daughter, a wife or even a friend—being with a woman can teach you so many things, but only if you are willing to see it.

I believe in this age of social media of likes and followers, people, including women, are so obsessed with outer beauty that they are unable to recognize the inner beauty and natural elements related to one’s existence. Now, I don’t say that physical intimacy has nothing to do with real life. Sex can be a great way to connect with someone you love and trust, but sex should not be to just two bodies touching each other. It should serve as a deeper way to connect with your partner—make them feel beautiful and lovely.

A woman can go to any limits when her love is in danger or need her. She may fight the world if the need arises. Men, I ask you, do not take advantage of her innocence. Don’t make her feel guilty for her physical needs. Treat her as a human, and she will treat you as her angel.

Intimacy can be the greatest tool to build a relationship with your partner, but it should not be just in the rush of raging hormones. Don’t indulge in physical activity with your partner because you want it, do it because both you want it. Don’t feel the pressure to satisfy one another, rather, feel free to love another. Take every chance you get to show a woman that you love her and that she is beautiful and complete.

To all the women, I would like to say, don’t feel obliged to follow the society. I understand our country is a difficult place to be a woman, but someone has to start somewhere! Love the people you trust and believe. It could be your friend, your business partner, anyone. I know this world is filled with those who are ready to rip you apart, but that does not mean you have to be hidden. Intimacy with people you know are good can be scary, but it can be beautiful too. Touch the world and let it touch you. You are beautiful, so don’t let anyone fool you.

1. Komal Jaiswal

Are you the one in the draft picture of this post?

More from Mohammad Sufiyan

By Ananya Anand

By Inchara Kakaraparthi

By Ananya Anand