These Delhiites Have Pledged To Provide Warmth To Street Dogs This Winter

Nothing is better than a cozy winter – hot mugs of chai, a good book to read and a warm, curled up pet dog right next to you. Unfortunately, not all dogs have the same perfect cozy winter as most of ours do. Temperatures in Delhi are plummeting every day, and while we shiver and whine about the cold in our cozy homes and colleges, there are many dogs on the street who can’t have the same luxury.

Delhi is home to more than four lakh stray dogs and every winter, a large number of these lose their lives to the lack of protection against the biting cold. Many try and make the best of shelters beneath cars, old sacks and trees.

123

It is with keeping our four-legged friends in mind people are providing these dogs with jackets, the warmth they crave. As animal lovers and pet owners, help those who don’t have a voice. Donate to this cause today.

Whether it’s the sweltering summer heat or the harsh winter cold, Delhi experiences extreme weather. People of Delhi often protect street dogs in sweaters to keep them warm in the freezing weather.

But as the temperature stoops lower and nights start getting frostier; Delhi has found a way to keep their loyal, furry friends warm and cozy by offering them sweaters and even beds.

1234

Often while pets are sheltered in homes, the chilled weather leaves the stray dogs freezing. This step by the city dog admirers has found a way to keep these animals comfortable.

This is not the first time that Delhi has extended this gesture for the stray dogs to get through the wintry nights of the city, but this year has only reached wider. We’ve found these fashionable canines, snuggled in the love of woolen warm clothes wandering on the streets of Delhi.

111

The street dogs of Delhi are getting sweaters, thanks to these animal lovers.

Featured image for representative purpose only.