5 Innovations We Can Add To Our Everyday Lives To Battle The Environmental Crisis

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

We all know about some kind of environmental problem which has been happening around us. We will all only talk about what will happen to the country but we never think about the ways we are contributing to the causes, or we end up just keep seeing the unfolding problems and slowly even become an indirect part of it.

Today in India most of the news channels have been showing the extent of Delhi’s alarming air pollution rate. There are some measures we can take, as individuals, to decrease the problem of pollution.

1. CityTree

Image Source: GreenCitySolutions

We make use of this ‘city tree/mobile trees’ method as it can be very much helpful in reducing air pollution, which needs to be solved as soon as possible. Also, this method can be implemented by us in any place!

The companies that make these innovations can make it into a social campaign to get the attention of people for their cause.  There are many ways to solve a problem, and we just need to find out the ways to do it.

2. From Smoke To Ink

For representation only.

This can be a picture that can make us angry. We will blame the government for pollution, but there is a solution to this.

This innovation that can be attached to diesel generators captures 90% soot particles from the cooled diesel exhaust. The material can then be sold to ink manufacturers. By applying this, we can reduce air pollution that has reached alarming levels.

The Chakr Shield is a “retro-fit emission control device for diesel generators. The technology can capture over 90% of particulate matter emissions from the exhaust of diesel generators without causing any adverse impact on the diesel engine.” The Patent for Chakr Shield was filed in January 2016.

3. Marriage

Now you might wonder how marriage can be a way to solve the environmental crisis! We all are fascinated with wedding cards for being highly beautiful, unique, and stylish. But what would you think about cards that are organic and will make mother nature bless you!

Even after using these products, when you discard these cards, they will act as compost for the plants. In these cards are seeds that will grow into plants after you bury it! “This paper made from cow dung consists of vegetation seeds. Even if the paper is dumped, the seeds present in it will grow in plants of Tulsi, Gander, Soap, cumin, etc thereby encouraging nature,” according to the makers of this innovation.

These cards are highly beneficial for nature and will lead to a decrease in the use of toxic chemicals in the making of products like cards, etc.

paper

4. Organic Idols

Some other ways we can adopt in our everyday lives include substituting chemical products with organic products. Idols made of cow dung can be used during Ganpati puja and Navratri festivals.

5. Our Choice Of Pens 

inc
For representation only.

How much of you have used ‘use-and-throw’ pens? Have you figured out what happens with them after you throw them away, and how they pollute the environment?

Just to save some money, we have forgotten about how much pollution we create in the environment. In the manner of banning polythene bags we have forgotten about the other ways in which we contribute to increasing pollution levels.

Have you ever looked at the nib of your ball pen and thought about the ink that is used in a pen and how many chemicals it contains?

Either you can reduce it by making less use of it, or we can also use a reusable pen, with refills that can be replaced. By using a ball pen with as thin a nib as possible we also can minimise the negative effects it can have on the environment.

Featured Image Source: GreenCitySolutions; UN.org