‘Corridor Of Peace’: On The Inauguration Of The Kartarpur Corridor

The ‘Corridor of peace’, Kartarpur Corridor was inaugurated on November 9, 2019, and thousands of Sikh followers thronged to the site to witness the inauguration of the same. The decoration of the buildings of the Gurdwara Complex was also completed on time. The new buildings, including the Devan Asthan, the guest rooms, library, and dining hall, were decorated with beautiful lights.

The double-storied building of the Devan Asthan was constructed to perform the religious rituals by the pilgrims and the library museum has been constructed in the complex in a modern style where materials and belongings of Baba Guru Nanak Ji along with his unique pictures are monumented.

The dining hall is constructed over an area of 28 thousand feet, where about two thousand devotees can eat a meal at the same time while the guest room is constructed over an area of 1 lakh, 15 thousand feet, where over 700 devotees can stay at a time. There are 20 halls or 40 family rooms, inclusive of a cupboard, bed, mattress, and chairs.

The information centre and the administration office have also been established to look into inconveniences and provide the needful information. CCTV cameras have also been installed in all parts of the shrine and monitoring is done through the control room and the sound system is installed to make announcements for the devotees. Over 100 washrooms have been made for the pilgrims, while a fire fighting unit has also been installed.

The Kartarpur Corridor aims to maintain and uphold the legacy and history of Guru Nanak Ji.