A Plastic-Free Office Is A Good Way To Start The War Against Pollution!

While there is a lot of talk about plastic and its harmful effects, it is important to understand that single-use plastics are the most harmful. If companies set an example by curbing plastic-use in their offices and spread awareness about single-use plastics, it will encourage lesser use of plastics, especially with regard to packaged water plastic bottles, disposable cups, and tumblers. The aim is to spread awareness about the hazards of plastic, not only to the planet’s health but to human health.

At the first level, just the use of stainless steel water bottles in the office will help curb plastic use. Most plastic bottles take about 700 years to decompose and hence, as a simple step, if you carry a stainless steel bottle and refill it as per your need you will do away with plastics, and this will us foster a healthier planet.

Nikhil Murarka, MD at Cogitate Technology Solutions, is one of the early adopters of the initiative. He said, “Being aware of the dangers of the non-biodegradable nature of plastic was an eye-opener for me. Having done away with plastic bottles, we urge the use of  stainless steel bottles supporting our cause: ‘Refuse Single-Use’.”

Sangram Surve, CEO at ThinkWhyNot, an advertising agency specialising in digital promotions, another early adopter of the initiative said, “Working with clients, we stress on how setting an example is the best form of adoption that people like to adopt.  So what started with my room, spread across our office and we are proud to have pledged for a plastic-free office.”

As they say, action speaks louder than words, so why not set your thoughts into motion!