Why We Need To Understand Population Dynamics To Tackle Modern-Day Issues

Population is a boon as well as a bane. But in my opinion, it’s kind of troublesome and a serious issue that needs to be talked about.

It affects all aspects of our life starting from resources, economics, social issues and environment. From India’s point of view, the growing population is more a challenge than advantage.

Here, more than 85% of people live below the poverty line. There is no proper education, there is no dignity of life, no food, constant quarrel among people; but ironically all these are enshrined in our constitution as a basic fundamental right.

So, is this, the mockery of our very own constitution, that we think as superior to all? If we think practically, we can’t provide everyone with all basic amenities, seeing the lapses in the governance and administration. But what we can do is make people think about talking about the need for education. In my opinion, telling them about the benefits of family planning, how by having less number of children they can ensure them better life: good educational facility, nutritious food, is a good way of ensuring the decent life that every child wants.

Let me clear here one thing: the sufferer of this whole scenario is the child who is deprived of all these basic needs from the time they are born.

Population impacts the environment too. It is damaging to the environment more than anything else, because increased population means increased demand and increased supply. All that comes at a cost of our own environment. One of our most basic needs – food – comes from an agricultural field and land for living is obtained by cutting down forests.

Some people might say that technology will help in overcoming these problems, but it also comes at a cost we not aware about. The Green Revolution is one of the biggest examples. To overcome the crisis of food, we ended up increasing the use of fertilisers that not only resulted in the loss of nutritional value in the soil and soil pollution, it damaged the original taste of the crop as well.

I think food is one of the basic examples anyone can relate to. Regarding the current situation about climate change, no one can say what is going to happen, but people of this planet are optimistic and we must continue to be. Life exists only here, on this planet, the Mother Earth.

Even if there is a possibility that there is life on another planet, can we all move there? No. But everyone wants to give better things, a better world to our future generations, then why are we making matters worse?

Think and do little things, because little things matter now.

Featured image for representative purpose only.