Rang De Laal: How This Poster Making Competition Broke Menstrual Myths!

An inter-school poster competition named Rang De Lal (colour me red) organised on Children’s Day by Bareilly’s NGO MyPADBANK. The subject was ‘Breaking Menstrual Myths,’ which was completed in collaboration with Menstrupedia and Table Batches.

In the competition, students from BL International School, Padmavati Academy and Government Girls Inter College participated in the final and showed awareness and crucial thoughts on periods through art. The students also made an image showing that talking about periods is not a cause of shyness or hesitation, it is a natural biological process.

The judges of this competition, Mr Shakti Singh and Ms Geeta Maurya, announced the results after viewing each entry carefully. The results were declared, with Chahtalin Kaur from Padmavati Academy in the first place, Deeksha Taragi from BL International School in the second place and Tanu Yadav from Padmavati Academy in the third place. Suhani (BLIS) and Shivani Gupta (GGIC) received consolation prizes.

My PadBANK’s Founder said that the children have a lot of talent and they do not hesitate to talk about topics like periods which is a positive ray from the society. Our responsibility is to just need to bring the children forward and we at My PadBANK, are constantly working to keep the awareness going.

The Rang De Lal program was successfully organized by team members Utkarsh Saxena, Dr Ankit Chaudhary, Rashi Udit, Anubhav Mathur, Emmanuel Singh, Aalimahaa Ali, Mehak Nayyer, Paras Khera, Rahul, Shubham Tandon, Cycle Baba – Sanjeev Jindal, Simran Singh and Priyanshi.

Featured image provided by author.