Here’s How I Believe We Can Hold On To Relationships In The 21st Century

Relationships are a very complex phenomenon. It is a complete merger of desire, urges, hope, success, failure, frustration, anger, jealousy, etc. Our life is a complicated mirror that reflects much hardship and struggles for survival. The dramatic significance of relationships in our life is vital.

I feel that relationships anchor our basic existence. Humans are a social animal. They prefer to reside in a crowd and are afraid of loneliness. Without any relationship, their life is like a hollow soul. Hence in a relationship, we should find the best way to harmonise healthy goals.

Be it friendship or within one’s family, we should follow certain golden rules to accelerate the essence of a relationship.

1. Do not put on a mask in a relationship. If your counterpart uncovers your real mask after sometime then the relationship will crumble. Maintain genuineness by avoiding fake personalities.
  2. Whenever there is a trust issue speak to each other. Be open with each other. The inability to trust is the most dangerous attribute in a person. Try to avoid such hurdles. Don’t build a wall inside your mind to create havoc and eventually destroy your relationship. Open discussion and introspection often tend to create a harmonious relationship.
  3. There should be an unspoken contract in each relation. Whenever that contract is violated, problems arise. Do not take each other for granted. Create a set of values and stick to them, so that a new paradigm of relationship will evolve.
  4. Depend on each other in a relation, even on unloved ones, revives the spirit of happiness. Free your relation from the burden of desires and expectations. Allow each other to be in relation by choice not by chance.
  5. We always expect others to accept us as what we are. But why should we be reluctant to accept others as they are? Acceptance is vital.
  6. Life is much more important than one relationship. So don’t nag and over-think. Believing in the ultimate power and letting things go can create internal joy. Understand the value of inner peace and work for a cause, so that life will be more easy, kinder, and more enjoyable.