10 Images That Capture The Police Brutality Against Protesting Students

Amid protests across the country, the government passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill in the parliament last week. Clearly disappointed in the centre’s decision, students across the country have taken to streets carrying out anti-CAB protests, urging the people of India to join them in their fight to save the democracy.

But what happens when the state machinery tries to suppress dissent quite violently and brutally? Where does this take our democracy? Here are 10 powerful images that capture the police brutality against the students in Jamia:

1. Police firing tear gas shells at protesting students

2. It all started when the police broke into Jamia Campus

Video screenshot.

3. Is peaceful protest a crime in India?

4. Police firing at unarmed students

Source: Twitter

5. Is this what a democracy looks like?

Source: Indian Express

6. The police action is a grave violation of the human rights

Shaheen Abdulla Jamia protest
Source: Maktoob Media/Facebook

7. The police forced some students to walk through campus with their arms raised

Image source: Reuters

8. Are the so-called protectors safeguarding the civilians?

Image source: Indian Express

9. Achhe din?

10. Several students ended up in the hospital due to serious injuries

Source: Facebook/ Harjit Singh Bhatti

Are the so-called protectors safeguarding the civilians, upholding our nation’s constitutional values like they are supposed to? Decide for yourself.