Standards Of Living Have Gone Up, But Standards Of Humanity Haven’t

The universe is present beyond our imagination; creatures, living here, are very different from each other and are unique.

Every day a human being wants to do better for their needs, living standards, which are also very subjective terms and, depends on the person and their definition of success and being “better.” Today, the biggest failure for humankind is being fake – trying something different and expecting something from the imaginary world, and not accepting the everyday reality.

When we see our so-called literate, developed metropolitan cities, it’s nothing more than machine and mechanics. Humankind is losing emotion, care, creativity, and, also, one of the most unique qualities that differentiate humans from other species: kindness. For me, whenever I go out and visit around, it really makes me uncomfortable and stressful.

How can people just play with one another’s emotions?

How can people just use each other as a means to profit themselves?

In visiting different places and meeting different people, I’ve seen a lady (name withheld for privacy concerns) who looks different when she, with joy, spreads same energy to kids around, going beyond with her job, putting extra efforts and caring those who need love and care; that’s what a human needs.

And, I’ve also seen her in a new and different atmosphere; how hard she’s trying to put efforts to learn and be there. I also got a chance to meet and observe more such instances, where even with other people from this fancy and unrealistic world, how much real, positive and caring she’s with people who are really in need. Children also love her being around.

It’s tough for a human being with all those things that we see happening around. Our past and present experiences shape our world. And I feel that some of us just give excuses; however, others just want to be human and be peaceful and joyful. But, here we are, dividing our people on the basis of living standards of people into villages, towns, cities, and smart cities. We define them using a metric of human development and standards of living.

Nature has given each creature a space to occupy, flourish, and unique identification of their own rights. However, we don’t celebrate our uniqueness and become part of a rat race, where we want to be like someone else.