This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ankita Kamat. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

7 Superb Useful Tips for Women to Save Money on Shopping

More from Ankita Kamat

I’m Ankita Kamat, a founder at Frugal Beat. I believe in women empowerment. Every young girl must learn about personal finance. Financial independence and financial knowledge play a very important role in women’s life. Usually, all most every woman has one common habit. Do you know what’s that? Yes, it’s shopping. I’m sure you also love shopping. After all, who does not like to buy a new dress, cosmetics, jewellery and much more? But if we girls spend more money shopping, we have to take a pause and think about our spending. I’m not against shopping but one must always think about saving also. If you spend more money on shopping, then it’s not good for your financial growth. I’m someone who is in the 20s, and I would like to share some shopping tips with you. These tips will be useful for you to save more money as a woman.

Do Women Really Spend More Money On Shopping?

Men spend money on things like gadgets, shoes, sports car etc. Whereas women spend more money on things like clothes, chocolates, cosmetics and much more. Females have more peer pressure which is the main cause of spending more money. According to some stats, when females reach teenage, they start to spend more money. That is, at the age of 13 or 14, females start to spend more money.

How Can Women Save More Money On Shopping? 

Actually some young women in the early 20s think that saving money is very difficult and boring. But saving money will help you to achieve your all financial goals. Inculcating saving habit in the early stage will help you in your 30s, 40s and so on. To save more money you don’t need to take any stress. No need to compromise important things in your life. You simply need to understand the concept of frugality. Be more frugal in your life and start to save money as a woman. ANKITA KAMAT- Founder at Frugal Beat

Analyse your spending habits and take simple steps to save money. By giving little attention to your spending habits on a daily basis will help you to save money. Let me elaborate on a few points which will help you to save money on shopping as a woman.

1.     Don’t compete with your women gang
2.     Follow the rule ‘No cash, no spending’
3.     Shopping is not a relaxing therapy
4.     Avoid swiping cards
5.     Differentiate between need and greed
6.     Don’t buy new clothes on every occasion
7.     Adapt thrifty living as a woman

1. Don’t Compete With Your Women Gang As a young woman, I can understand that how much peer pressure we have in our female world. But you must remember that your life, your lifestyle is different from other women. We all are unique. You don’t need to compete with another woman. I’ve seen many women who spend more money just to show off in front of their relatives and friends. This is not the right mindset. This type of mindset will not help you to grow financially. So, never buy costly and unnecessary things to compete with others.

2. Follow The Rule: ‘No Cash, No Spending’

When you have hard cash in your bag, you feel like spending it on shopping. So while roaming with your friends or while going out, don’t take a lot of hard cash with you. This is a simple rule ‘no cash, no spending’. This simple rule will help you to save you more money as a woman.

3. Shopping Is Not A Relaxing Therapy

Most of the women think that shopping is a relaxing therapy. But in reality, it’s a myth. If at all you want to relax, then follow your hobbies like singing, drawing, cooking and much more. If you treat shopping as your relaxing therapy, then you are going to get addicted to shopping. If this continues, in the near future you will have more financial stress in your life. So be sensible enough to handle your money well.

4. Avoid Swiping Cards

Nowadays, cards are trending. Most of you may be using credit cards or debit cards. But every time, one must be aware of your spending. Most women never think much while using credit cards. This ignorance will ruin your financial growth. So always give attention to your swiping cards. Keep track of your payments. If you ask me about how to save money, then I firmly say you to avoid using more cards. While doing shopping with cards, you don’t even bother about your bank balance! This is not at all good. So, take simple and practical steps to save money on shopping.

5. Differentiate Between Need And Greed

Whenever I get the impulse to buy anything, first I analyse whether it’s my need or greed. Most of the time women get distracted and buy unnecessary things. So, you must analyse your buying behaviour. There is one more practical tip is- always look for alternative options before immediately spending money on shopping. For example, if you want to buy books, then you can think about making a library card instead of buying new books.

6. Don’t Buy New Clothes On Every Occasion

Women always like grooming. And on every small occasion, women buy new clothes and new accessories. But you have to really ask yourself whether do you really need all this? I think you don’t need everything new on all occasions. You should learn minimalism in life. Just buying more things and decorating your cupboard is not at all a good idea. So try to follow simplicity in your life.

7. Adapt thrifty living as a woman

Do you know, once you adapt frugality in life, you will reach a better financial place in the near future. By adopting simple steps you can live frugally and save money. Frugal living is not that difficult. Every woman can learn to be frugal in day-to-day life. Each woman must be aware of finance. So learn to handle your money well. If you are thinking about how to save money on shopping then already you have taken the first step. Now daily implement practical ways to save more money.

More from Ankita Kamat

By cryptoengineuk

By Shahabuddin Nizam

By SEO SMO