This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shilpa S. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

My Rendezvous With The Master Of Past-Life Regression Therapy

More from Shilpa S

‘Aargh!’ Thump! Thump! ‘Aah! Something is hurting me, where am I going? This is spin-n-ning so fa-st. Stop!’

Where am I? It’s so dark here. I can’t see a thing.

‘Is anyone around? Hello?’

‘Hello lady, don’t be scared. I’m here to help you navigate around.’

‘W-w-ho’s t-h-his?’

‘Shh… Listen lady, this is Dr. Weiss. I am here to help you through this session.’

‘What session? You’re a doctor, what’s wrong with me? Wait a minute, you said Dr. Weiss? Are you by any chance Dr. Brian Weiss, the famous ‘Dr. Weiss’ who researched the miraculous phenomenon of reincarnation and past life regression therapy?’

‘I’m afraid, but yes, you’ve guessed it right! I am Dr. Brian Weiss and I was only preparing you to get regressed.’

‘Before that, Dr. Weiss, I have a request. I’d like to get answers to my long-pending questions. Would you please answer them for me?’

Is this happening for real or am I dreaming? I am actually meeting the famous Dr. Brian Weiss, the psychiatrist, hypnotherapist, and the author of ‘Many Lives, Many Masters.’ He is here with me now, God! So, this is true!

Q. ‘So Dr. Weiss, did you ever imagine that you would research on the concept of life after death which would make you world-famous and much sought-after; so much that the world around wants to get regressed from you?’

A. ‘To be frank, no I never really thought that the research I was carrying out would turn out this way and make me famous. The human mind is really funny, it makes you solve its quest for knowledge and keeps building an insatiable hunger for gaining more and more of it. You don’t realize the effect of your own work until you see its impact on your patients.’

Q. ‘Did you ever believe in reincarnation and life after death before your research on this subject?’

A. ‘No. Initially I didn’t. My life changed when my patients started recalling their past lives. I used research to confirm their stories through public records. When they matched, I got convinced that they were true and that they were not making it up.’

Q. ‘So what’s this past-life regression therapy all about that people are all gaga over it?’

A. ‘Past-life regression is a technique that uses hypnosis to retrieve memories of past lives. Hypnosis is an excellent tool to help a patient remember long-forgotten incidents. There is nothing mysterious about it. It is just a state of focused concentration. Under the instruction of a trained hypnotist, the patient’s body relaxes, causing the memory to sharpen. I have hypnotized hundreds of patients and have found it helpful in reducing anxiety, eliminating phobias, changing bad habits, and aiding in the recall of repressed material.’

Q. ‘What made you start writing books about your experiences?’

A. ‘Well, I remember, suddenly, one night while I was taking a shower, I felt compelled to put my first such experience of my patient’s hypnosis down on a paper. I had a strong feeling that the time was right; that I should not withhold the information any longer. The lessons I had learned were meant to be shared with others, not to be kept private. The knowledge had come through my patients and later had to come through me. I knew that no possible consequences I might face could prove to be as devastating as not sharing the knowledge I had gained about immortality and the true meaning of life. I rushed out of the shower and sat down at my desk with the stack of audio tapes I had made during my sessions with my patients and started off my journey as an author.’

Q. ‘If ever you want to go through the regression therapy, then who takes you through it?’

A. ‘That’s a top-secret!’

Q. ‘You seem to literally peep into the subconscious minds of people all over the globe, does it give you an edge over them?’

A. ‘As a hypnotherapist, it’s my responsibility, and I need to follow a code of ethics with my patients that I do not use this technique for a purpose that is unethical and unlawful; that which would cause harm to anyone in any form. I believe that I am gifted from the “Master” to heal people, so I better use it wisely, else I may have to part with it. I truly feel blessed that I have been chosen by the Master for this divine purpose.’

Q. ‘Which one has been your most memorable experience while performing a regression session?’

A. ‘The experiences with my patient, Catherine, turned out to be life-changing for one me. My life turned upside down, little did I know that she would be the catalyst and bring about an enormous change in my past-life therapy. The stories narrated by her not only helped her cure but also moved me as a person, the messages received by her from the Master were also meant for me, both as a human as well as a psychiatrist, which further led me to heal her in the process.’

Q. ‘You have had your own learnings on the path of your research. According to you, what are the elements that the world need the most?’

A. ‘A dash of love and care would do wonders if sprinkled over the world, and on the contrary, that’s just what has been missing.’

‘I must say Dr. Weiss; I now feel that I’m ready to get regressed. What’s happening?’

‘Wait, why are you shaking me up? Hold..!’

‘Hey, wake up! We’ve already reached. The train has reached Churchgate station.’

The train was reaching the platform while the ladies got busy getting ready to start their busy day ahead, while the book ‘Many Lives, Many Masters’ held snugly in my arms.

Disclaimer: The above is based on my own understanding of the past-life regression therapy, and most of it is also imaginary and not to be considered as actual thoughts by Dr. Brian Weiss.

Reference: Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss.

Featured image for representation only.

More from Shilpa S

By Ananya Anand

By Inchara Kakaraparthi

By Ananya Anand