Apps That Can Help You Stay Connected During An Internet Shut Down

The Government and various mobile operators have announced an internet shout down across various cities and states in India. This situation is likely to broaden with every development of CAA protest. During this situation, the following apps can be used to stay connected and avoid undue anxiety.

As protests against CAA continue across the country, the internet has been shut down in some parts.

1. Firechat

This app connects to nearby devices via Bluetooth and enables chatting without connection. It allows sending private secured text messages and phone calls in the absence of network

Available for both android and ios.

2. Signal Offline

This is a Wifi direct based app, through which users can connect within a range of 100 metres. Apart from chatting, a multimedia messaging feature is available with this app through which users can send voice messages, videos and pictures all in the absence of internet.

Available for android only.

3. Vojer

This app helps to make high-quality voice calls in the absence of network operator services and internet, without accessing the user’s phonebook. Available on ios only.

4. Bridgefy

This app is especially useful during a situation of natural disaster or travelling abroad, as it helps to connect through messages in the absence of a network, without any roaming charges. It can be used for one-on-one or group chats.

Available for both Android and ios

5. Briar

This app can sync via Bluetooth or Wi fi and is helpful in spreading necessary messages.

Available for both ios and android.