India’s Rape Crisis: We Need To Break The Perpetual Cycle Of Outrage And Subsequent Silence

She was a veterinary doctor aged 27 and was flying like a butterfly in the dream sky. Yes, it was self-sufficient, which is now called ‘self-dependent’, but who knew that one day the butterfly’s wings would be ruthlessly pulled.

Why is the Prime Minister, whose tweet comes every day, silent on Unnao, Kathua and Hyderabad rape cases?

Well, this is nothing new because it happens 106 times per day, meaning once every 15 minutes. But when the country belongs to the dead, no one is bothered whether the number is 106 or more. But there is no need to think much, do one thing, catch two or three people, buy four candles and find a good place and take a photo with a burning candle. Share it on your Instagram story and WhatsApp status; justice will be found automatically! After two days, everything will be forgotten because there is no shortage of issues in India.

If the Prime Minister picks up the garbage, then a ‘breaking news’ will be created, and this rape issue will disappear in the same way as a drop of water disappears in the desert.

Newspapers and news channels get a masala of one or two days, you get WhatsApp status, revolutionaries get candles, and people like me get the subject of this article. What else is needed? Keep shouting justice-justice for two days, the ruler is not going to listen, and your throat will go hoarse from screaming.

The same thing happened during the Nirbhaya rape case. People shouted for some two-five days; a law was enacted, two or three made films on the rape case that earned well; many journalists in the media became overnight stars, and the minor who is guilty is still roaming outside. This is the system you follow, but the system will not follow you.

What does it matter anyway? The Prime Minister whose tweet comes every day remains silent on Unnao, Kathua and Hyderabad rape cases. So, what to expect from someone, and why expect anything? When it is known that hope is going to break, what is the benefit of anticipating it? And anyway, what to expect from a poor society that is asking whether the rapist was a Hindu or a Muslim? What to expect from a cheap mentality that before calling the sister, the police should have been called? And what to expect from a poor administration that says that the incident area does not fall under them?

I apologize to the daughters of my country that I am not able to do anything for them.

It would be foolish to expect anything from a country where the religion of the rapist is a matter of debate. At the time of Kathua, the religion of an 8-year-old rape victim was a question. It seemed as if justice also passed through the scales of religion, and before leaving, justice would ask which house to go, the temple or the mosque, the bearded one or the one with a hat? So let me go to the point of hope; just keep lying down and lie down with the silence.

Not to get up now, if the SC-ST Act is rejected, if there is a movement for reservation, or if the SPG protection is removed. Right now, is the time for rest; it is the time to sleep. Watch a light-hearted comedy show, relax, have fun and sleep with pleasure. I apologize to the daughters of my country that I am not able to do anything for them. I also apologize to the future generations that they are being born in the midst of this tragedy.

Day before yesterday, a girl was standing in front of the Parliament, holding a plank (board) to demand justice for the daughters. The police arrested her, the media made her into a spectacle, and her plank was thrown in a litter, on which something was written: why I can’t feel safe at my own India.