Indian Clerics And Seminarians In Iran Raise Their Voices Against NRC And CAA

On Qom, December 17, 2019, the Indian Clerics, seminarians, and students of other fields studying in Iran raised their voices against the prevailing situations across India. They added that they are ready to fight till the last drop of blood to protect the Constitution, Constitutional Rights and the secular ethos of their motherland, India.

Aga Syed Murad Raza Rizvi spoke at a massive gathering of intellectuals, stating that all this frantic action of setting state-after-state on fire while the Indian economy implodes is concerning, and that the rising graph of unemployment in India is a matter of concern for everybody, although the present regime has been slumbering over real issues.

In strengthening India, their ancestors had made countless sacrifices, and the passing of such laws against people of the country is highly unconstitutional.

Moulana Aqif Zaidi added that the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), which is the parent organisation of the BJP, and the head of the Sangh Parivar, has always viewed India as a Hindu Rashtra and Modi and Shah were spearheading the most ideological government India has ever had.

He appealed to the Supreme Court of India to stop political parties from propagating and promoting political ideologies based on any religion as that is against the supreme law of the land.

During a protest against the National Register of Citizens (NRC) and the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), Moulana Abid Raza Noushad said that the urgent requirement for the Modi government was to set the economy back on track and bring employment to lakhs of educated, unemployed youth.

Instead, it decided to make India’s 200 million Muslims feel that they were second class citizens living in what is called a Hindu Rashtra and not a secular democratic republic.

The Kashmiri socio-political activist and seminarian, Aga Syed Karar Hashmi, said that this is a repeat of the chilling Kashmir copybook where, for more than four months now, the Modi government has imposed a lockdown and cut off communication. Hashmi added that they stand united to protect the Constitutional rights of Muslims, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other backward classes within the framework of law in India.

Moulana Raza Haider appreciated the Cheif Minister of West Bengal, Mamta Banerjee, Punjab’s Amrinder Singh and Kerala’s Pinarayi Vijayyan for rejecting what they describe as the unconstitutional CAA in their states. India is a federal union of states and the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) is trying to impose a unitary status and Hindutva ideology across the country without a care for the consequences of the same.

Moulana Najeeb-ul-Hasan said that since the Parliament has passed the bill, the CAA will now be challenged in the Supreme Court and they are optimistic.

Others who spoke against the prevailing situation across the country were Moulana Haider Abbas Zaidi, Moulana Zaigam Rizvi Sahab, Moulana Zameer Abbas, Moulana Syed Hilal Rizvi, Moulana Nazar Abbas, Sadiq Bhai Rajula among others.