“I Feel Heart-Broken Seeing Students, Like Me, Fighting For Their Lives”

What a shame for India.

Today, the whole country is on fire, just attempting to follow what our Constitution says, just attempting to practice what our Constitution has granted, just attempting to be a follower of a particular religion. Being a Muslim, in this environment, is proving to be so torturous and cruel, could you have imagined this?

Delhi police attack unharmed students in and around Jamia Millia Campus. Image credit: Twitter

Shame on our ‘secularism,‘ if it is defined this way. Shame on the people who promote the idea of making this country a ‘one religion‘ country. No religion allows what our country and its people are facing. To practice a religion, one has to have an iota of humanity in themselves, and the current situation is completely inhumane.

What those people are asking? What are those people protesting against? Where is our law? Where is our judiciary which is supposed to dispense justice to the country and its people? Where are those people, who can speak justly, and protect the nation?

I feel so disgusted and heart-broken to see how students, like me, are fighting for their lives, just because they want to be active citizens of this country. Does this country return the love of its Muslim citizens in this way?

So many questions are running through my mind, and I can only think about how the current situation is getting worse by each passing minute. It’s shameful, for a country like India, where all Indians are my brothers and sisters, people are being killed, thrashed, and being locked up.

I am ashamed of the heritage of this country where, directly or indirectly, one religion is being targeted. None of our freedom fighters wanted this to happen, and, in fact, they sacrificed their lives to save the nation from this division.

Those who make discriminatory laws are not our true leaders. We should, again, read what our Constitution says. We should bring back harmony and peace by telling the people in power to rethink their decisions. We are the citizens of a country that has the essence of ‘secularism’ in its each and every corner, and we won’t let any power break that.

Stand with the nation. Stand for justice. Support Muslims. Withdraw CAB.  Reject NRC. Protect India.