#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

Dear government

Im shashi a female from Mumbai and I’m financial advisor.As you all know The goal of menstrual hygiene management is to ensure that women and girls can manage their periods in a way that is not only healthy, but that enables their full participation in school, work, and other activities.But I’ve seen in Mumbai that we are not provided the facilities we need .I request the Authorities to provide sanitary napkins at various places like station ,public toilets and restaurants so that we do not have to use something else to prevent bleeding more.The Ladies must be provided better Needs and requirements as the adolescent girls and women are ignored despite the fact that there are major developments in the area of water and sanitation. Women manage menstruation differently when they are at home or outside; at homes, they dispose of menstrual products in domestic wastes and in public toilets and they flush them in the toilets without knowing the consequences of choking. So, there should be a need to educate and make them aware about the environmental pollution and health hazards associated with them. Implementation of modern techniques like incineration can help to reduce the waste.I feel Also, awareness should be created to emphasize the use of reusable sanitary products or the natural sanitary products made from materials like banana fibre, bamboo fibre, sea sponges, water hyacinth, and so on

I hope you please try to incorporate these and help us providing better hygiene which is very important
Thanking you

Shashikala kataria