This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kritika Khanna. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Niira Radia Led Nayati Initiative Is Making Healthcare Accessible To All

More from Kritika Khanna

Headed by Niira Radia, Nayati’s healthcare model is making a significant impact in tier II & Tier III towns of Uttar Pradesh. One of the most densely-populated states in India, Uttar Pradesh suffers from a huge demand and supply gap when it comes to accessing medical care. The situation is no different at places of religious interest, where a huge number of pilgrims arrive every day, many of them struggle to find appropriate healthcare aid during medical emergencies.

Understanding the severity of this problem, Nayati Healthcare, a prominent name in the healthcare sector of Uttar Pradesh, setup Sri Kashi Vishwanath Arogya Mandir, with an aim of providing immediate medical care to the locals and pilgrims alike, free of cost. The unit is set up within the temple premises, under the aegis of Sri Kashi Vishwanath Temple Trust. Over 1.2 to 1.5 million pilgrims visit the historic Kashi Vishwanath Temple every month.

Considering a large number of visitors, a medical unit equipped to handle emergency situations and provide essential healthcare services is quite necessary. The impact of the medical unit was seen on the very first day of its operation, where the unit served over 350 patients. Since its inauguration at the end of September 2019, the Arogya Mandir has treated over 8,500 patients, of which, 70% are local population and 30% are devotes visiting the temple from other parts of the country and globe.

The model seems simple but is rather impactful. For instance, Kashi Arogya Mandir’s location and the sheer footfall at Shri Kashi Vishwanath Mandir makes the healthcare initiative useful for locals as well as for the millions of pilgrims visiting the temple. The model is similar to the first initiative started by Niira Radia at Badrinath, back in 2012.

Talking about the initiative, Niira Radia, Chairperson and Promoter of Nayati Healthcare, said, “Nayati has always been in the forefront in rendering medical support for pilgrims whether it is Badrinath, Kedarnath or the Mahakumbh at Allahabad. People from various social, economic, and demographic backgrounds travelling for pilgrimages often struggle because of the dearth of immediate medical facilities.  Ever since Nayati began its journey from Badrinath in 2012, our teams have been working relentlessly to impart healthcare services to the masses through our hospitals and medical mobile units. Our learnings with the pilgrims fuels our commitment to taking quality healthcare closer to the masses who need it the most by creating strategic hubs of treatment and facilities across the country.”

Sri Kashi Vishwanath Arogya Mandir is well-equipped to treat all kinds of emergencies with the provision of Lab and OPD. The stabilization centre has a 30-member dedicated team of doctors, nurses, technicians and paramedical staff. The unit is well-equipped with Defibrillator and ECG to handle patient with cardiac emergencies. Additionally, the setup has lab facilities for medical tests such as SGOT, SGPT, cholesterol, creatinine, triglyceride, dengue, malaria, typhoid, etc. Post stabilization, critically ill patients are shifted to the district hospital or the medical department of BHU, through an ambulance which is available round-the-clock. Along with that, the unit is also visited by a Super Specialist Doctor once a month.

A full-time pharmacy has also been set up inside the Arogya Mandir, providing medicines as prescribed by the doctors, free of cost. The unit is open for 12 hours (8 am to 8 pm) on all days.

More from Kritika Khanna

By Rakesh Sharma

By Rakesh Sharma

By Anwesa