Quick Byte: In Jamshedpur’s Jugsalai Constituency, This Is Why NOTA Is My Choice

This Vidhan Sabha election, I am disappointed with the candidates who will be contesting from my constituency. Jugsalai, Jamshedpur is a backward area with poor health facilities, faulty roads, improper sewage facilities,  severe power-cuts for long stretches of time, a lack of primary education and perhaps nothing that I can proudly say anything about.

The candidates are not appealing; Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) candidate Mangal Kalindi is simply a 12th pass, BJP candidate is Muchiram Bauri is also 12th pass, All Jharkhand Students Union candidate Ram Chandra Sahis is a graduate and JVM candidate Ramchandra Paswan is also a graduate.

I went through the Facebook page of Ram Chandra Sahis which has 9.7K likes where I don’t see any public dilemmas being resolved starting from sewage problems to unemployment to women safety. Mangal Kalindi who has 4 or 5 Facebook accounts and one page with 861 likes also remains silent on many social issues.

The parties continue to ignore quality education and qualified professionals while giving their tickets. Therefore, my choice would be to vote NOTA.

Featured image for representative purpose only. Featured image source: Sonu Mehta/Hindustan Times via Getty Images.