Panipat: Yet Another Historical Movie That Fell Into Trouble

A fashionable and smart guy unexpectedly, uttering a word or two here and there, focussed on talking about the recent feature film bearing the rare title of Panipat, to which another dude replied using the interjection, “Hey, man, you do not seem to be appreciating the story of the big-budget movie.”

The man gasped and responded, “Being a purely historical film, it required a little more research.” It came up that he derived the film for being questionable in an unavoidable way. Minutes later, he left the place and the other person remained stupefied thoroughly until he disappeared from his sight.

Once again, a Bollywood film has come directly under the heat of bitter controversy from the Jat community about the distasteful portrayal of their esteemed Maharaja Surajmal in the film. They were intensely criticising the movie for depicting him in a poor light. They did not anticipate the historical film directed by famed film director Ashutosh Gowarikar to do so.

There came a piece of news that the filmmaker decided to cut the disturbing scenes causing intense discomfort to the people in Rajasthan and Haryana. Though the Film Censor Board already directed an 11-minute-cut in the film’s length or duration.

Painfully, the historical film had to suffer a lot of caution from the disappointed sections of the society. It is not the first occasion that such kind of controversy raised on the ground. The detractors did not allow the screening of the film in several theatres in Rajasthan.

Such conflicts are a matter of discussion until the film continues to be under immense attention. The film producers undeniably make an eye in reaping the desired earnings. So they know how the hype helps in increasing money unexpectedly, as the ardent critics also upheld it continually.

The film revives the third Battle of Panipat fought 90 km away from Delhi. While talking about the actual dramatisation in a TV comedy programme, the film director revealed that he had put on the identical coat during the shooting. He realised the intensity of the heat after wearing a heavy iron coat.

Sanjay Dutt, in the role of Afghan King Ahmed Shah Abdali, narrated his harsh and uncomfortable experiences on dialogue delivery and elephant ride in the battleground. The actress, Kriti Sanon, also pointed out her hard moves during the sword fight in a saree.

In a nutshell, it can be said that the Hindi film hints at present-day paradoxes in the light of the past days’ violence for power.