Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019: A Product Of Perverted Nationalism

One of the most dangerous bills of 2019 is the Citizenship Amendment Bill. The RSS has been laying the groundwork for it since the previous 100 years of its existence. They always had a clear objective and that is to re-establish the Manu system which will once again establish the Brahmin hegemony in the country and BJP is following suit.

Before independence, these Brahmanical organisations were irrelevant as they never stood up against the British but on the contrary, acted as puppets. However, after 1950 they realised that they can no longer stay out of power and that is how BJP’s original political predecessor Jan Sangh was born. Its enemies were very clear about the Congress, leftists and Ambedkarites.

A man at a protest organised by the Northeastern community in Mumbai against the Citizenship Amendment Bill in January this year. (Photo: Himanshu Saikia/Facebook)

It has clearly thrown the Congress out of equation politically and it knows that it does not have the morality nor the ideology of the former Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru. The reason they attack Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru is the exact same reason why they attack the leftists and Ambedkarites so viciously in spite of knowing well that neither Nehru is going to rise from his deathbed nor do the leftists and Ambedkarites have any political power right now. It fears their ideology and therefore tries to malign Nehru’s image, attack institutions like JNU and brand Ambedkarites as ‘urban Naxals.’

Once BJP is assured that there is absolutely no challenge politically and ideologically then their second biggest opponents are the Muslims. They see Muslims as a threat to their political existence and also as a bait to woo the typical Hindu mindset which has been fed poisoned by RSS and other right-wing organisations since the last 70 years. Cow-slaughter ban, love-jihad, mob lynchings and now the Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019, will be their final and decisive attack on the Muslim community so that they remain under constant fear and at the mercy of BJP.

Assam was their testing ground, initially, 40 lakh people were declared as foreigners and when there was a huge uproar over it, it came down to 19 lakh people. Still, there are 19 lakh people who are at the mercy of the Foreign Tribunal officers who are accused of being arbitrary and biased in the recent report titled Designed to Exclude by Amnesty International.

The passing of Citizenship Amendment Bill and its enforcement in the entire country will be disastrous for the Muslim community as the most corrupt officers will be placed at these tribunals and we could be witnessing the worst kind of human rights violations in future. These tribunals will be similar to gas chambers of Nazi Germany and we all know what happened inside these chambers.

Once the Muslim community is also out of the equation, I strongly believe the current Bahujan communities who are supporting BJP will be shown their rightful place according to the Manu system. It will not be long when the horrors of the Peshwai era will come to haunt the Bahujan communities. This reminds me of a poem by Martin Niemoller, which is a confession of a German on the intellectual impotence of the German ‘intellectuals’ during the Nazi regime.

“First they came for the Communists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Communist

Then they came for the Socialists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Socialist

Then they came for the trade unionists
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a trade unionist

Then they came for the Jews
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Jew

Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me.”

Featured image for representative purpose only.

Do you find online payments safe?

Take this survey and help companies and the government make online payments safer for you.

Take the Survey