Where Did Humanity Disappear?

Rapes happen. People go out for a candle march, and a few days later, everything is forgotten. But what about the girls who suffer? What about their families? What about the friends screaming for justice? Nothing! Yes, that’s right. Nothing is going to happen for all these people related to the victim. The entire nation wakes up for a day or two, and then forgets all about the case and moves on. This has happened in the past and will surely repeat in the future. No one fights honestly or  actually does anything.

How ironical is this! Everyone nowadays has turned selfish, and each one of us has the guts to admit it proudly. We have heard this way too often. I, too, have used this sentence a lot of times in the past. All I saw myself was in a helpless situation where I had to choose between sounding civil and taking care of myself. I probably could not look at myself in the mirror.

I am here to raise a question: why are we pushed in such a situation where we have to choose between the life of the self and of others? Why do people stand in front of the victim capturing them on their phones, but no one actually steps forward to lend a helping hand? Why? What gave birth to such a mentality? Where did humanity disappear?