This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Aayush Verma. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Television Media Massive Role In Protesting Against CAB

More from Aayush Verma

On December 10 2019, the Government of India enacted the Citizenship Amendment Act. The Citizenship Amendment Act, which seems to be a  sound step, has been misunderstood by many citizens. Many of the Anti-Citizenship Protestors are actually not aware of the reality behind CAB and NRC. But still, the wrong awareness among the people has caused many protests and attacks. This is harming the resources of the country, lives, and destroying the harmony of the nation. The anti-political parties have got a good chance to trend themselves by awakening people against CAB laws made by the current government.

The anti-parties and television media are trying to show that the Act is against the constitution as it’s not giving equal rights to every religion. This is creating protesting and attacks in the minds of the religious communities. But, the reality is something else. The positive side is not yet being promoted among the citizens. Instead, the negative side has taken a major role behind all the scenarios in the country. Television Media is portraying different stories and it is being supported and shared by the anti-parties and Anti-Citizenship Protestors. The whole social media is much flooded with false statements. This is creating a very dangerous impact among the citizens and is the only cause behind all the protests.

The Media and parties are trying to divide the country religions by portraying such stories. Here are the 3 major rumours being portrayed by Television Media and the reality associated with it:

Citizenship Amendment Bill has done injustice with Indian Muslims

Reality: There’s no injustice done with Muslim Brothers and Sisters. India is a country where all religions are equal and live peacefully with each other. All the people enjoy equal rights. The religions who are even 0.01% also enjoy equal rights and access to government schemes. The Citizenship Amendment Bill has nothing to do with any religious community of India. All the religions will be living peacefully with each and there will be no effect on them.

Citizenship Amendment Bill is against the Constitution of India

Reality: Citizenship Amendment Bill is not against the Constitution of India. According to Article 368 of the Constitution of India, the changes can be brought in constitution rules whenever it is required. This shows that the laws of the Constitution are flexible and can be changed anytime for the Nation’s motives. Now, you may be wondering what the Constitution of India also details about is giving equal rights to every religion. So yes, there’s nothing that has gone against the religions. The Indian religions, as mentioned before, will be the same as they are. There will be no effect on them. The Bill focuses on the ones who are minorities of the three countries. The Indian Government is focusing on minorities because they have faced lots of problems, depression and physical damages in these countries. The forced conversion and killing of people had made their lives dangerous. And, remember, their ancestors were also part of the country too.

Citizenship Amendment Bill is giving rights to other countrymen. This will harm India’s culture and tradition. It can be harmful for the nation to give rights to other countries citizens

Reality: The Indian Culture will be balanced and there will be no impact on it. The selected communities have also originated from India only. So they are a part of us and there’s no difference among us. So, there’s nothing wrong with saving our own originated people. The community is in dangerous situations in those areas and is declining fastly. If the same thing keeps on happening, then the existence of the community will decline among those countries. Currently, it has already come near to decline.

Conclusion

Indian Citizens should not be worried about CAB and NRC. They must do a factual analysis and understand CAB deeply before making a wrong move. The “why” is always in front of us. We should not go the flooded flows against the motion. We do have our own thinking abilities so we should welcome such decisions with an open heart.

Note to Editors: We are trying to give logical and true facts. While there are so many negative things around us, we hope that you will help in sharing what’s real and authentic. I am waiting for your updates. Thank you for support.

More from Aayush Verma

By Prabhanu Kumar Das

By aarti mule

By aghori amli singh