“The President Gave Us No Choice”: On The Impeachment Hearings Against Trump

Impeachment charges are going to be filed against President Donald Trump.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, said on Thursday, December 5, that Trump has misused his position as president and that he will face impeachment. To this, Trump said that he would definitely win. The good thing is that Republicans have never been united.

US President Donald Trump. Source: Wikimedia Commons

Trump He was found guilty on Wednesday by the investigating committee of the lower house (House of Representatives) during the impeachment hearing against Trump.

Nancy Pelosi told the BBC the day after the House Judicial Committee considered the allegations against Trump, “I am asking our chairmen to proceed with articles of impeachment.” The Investigation Committee, on Tuesday, December 3, released the final report of the impeachment investigation against Trump, which found Trump guilty of misuse of his position. It has strong evidence of presidential misconduct.

Democrats hold a majority within the House of Representatives.

The report said that “Trump undermines the integrity of the presidential election.” It went on to say that Trump sought foreign help from Ukraine in his favor for the 2020 presidential election, abusing his powers for personal and political gain.

Members of the investigative committee had said that Trump undermined the integrity of the presidential election. He also violated his oath of office, challenged America’s constitutional systems such as checks and balances, segregation of powers and rules of law.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and US President Donald Trump

The White House Rejected The Investigation Report

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham outright dismissed the report and said there was no evidence of accusations against Trump.

Shee said, “In a unilateral process, the investigation committee failed to give evidence against Trump. Only frustration is visible from this report.

Featured image credit: Wikimedia Commons