Why Daniel Shravan’s Comments On Hyderabad Rape Case Led To Outrage!

Everyone took to the internet to share their thoughts on the horrific Hyderated gang-rape, murder case. Of course, this included a lot of celebrities, rightly speaking out against the act. But, there was one, that came to light yesterday, that seemed to be in support of the rape.

Film-maker, Daniel Shravan, asked women to cooperate with rapists in a post that has now been deleted. He started by saying that rape is not a problem but murder is, and the only reason why rape victims get murdered is that they don’t carry condoms. Furthermore, he supported his twisted psyche by blaming the laws passed, for the protection of women, and said that women’s rights activists were the real culprits. According to him, they are stopping sexual desire; and we should promote ‘legalised rape’.

Film-maker, Daniel Shravan, asked women to cooperate with rapists in a post that has now been deleted.

The statement drew flak from all ends. It brought to light the disgusting ways in which some so-called ‘educated’ men see women. Rape is not something to be forgiven, it is not a corrective measure, in any way, what so ever. It is not OK to make comments about women who rightfully resist rape!

Sadly though, this comment will be deemed as reasonable, by a small fraction of our society, who think that rape is not a big deal. A section that thinks that women are nothing but helpless damsels in distress, who will do anything a male in power will ask her to do. They sadly see women as escorts who are there purely to fulfil men’s lustful wishes.

We, as a society, often go on marches and take to social media for justice, whenever such horrific rape cases happen, yet it never occurs to us, that there are still many hidden within us, who don’t see any problem in rape. Until and unless such people themselves aren’t educated about rape, and its implications, nothing can be done. Until then, women will just be sex dolls to them, who should unwillingly satisfy men’s sexual desires.

Daniel Shravan’s response to a FB user who criticised his initial comment.