This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ankita Nawalakha. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

7 Fellowship Programs In India That You Must Not Miss

More from Ankita Nawalakha

By Ankita Nawalakha:

Are you the kind of person who has always wanted to do ‘something’ – something for the society, something for the nation? Have you always wanted to be an active change maker? Do you love working in challenging situations? Always wanted to work on the ground, but don’t know how or with which organization? Here’s an answer to your questions. The following article lists some of the best and the most rigorous fellowship programmes available for the youth, in India.

1) Teach for India Fellowship

Teach For India

Teach For India is a part of ‘Teach for All’ global network. The Teach For India Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment in which the most promising graduates and professionals are placed as full time teachers in under resourced and low income schools. The Fellowship program is rigorous, challenging and provides Fellows an opportunity to develop themselves as leaders and simultaneously transform the lives of the children under their care. Students and professionals with a bachelor’s degree at the time of joining the Fellowship are eligible to apply. (For more information, visit here)

2) Young India Fellowship

YIF

The Young India fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary post-graduate program which brings together 100 young girls and boys from around the country and launches them on their leadership journey by opening their mind to a rich and diverse set of subjects and perspectives, delivered by some of the finest teachers from around the world. (For more information visit here)

3) Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament (LAMP) Fellowship

lamp

The LAMP fellowship provides bright young Indian citizens to have a high-impact engagement with the policy making process at a national level by placing one legislative assistant to work with one Member of Parliament. The LAMP Fellows are engaged full-time for eleven months to work with the assigned MP from the beginning of the monsoon session to the end of the budget session of Parliament. Throughout the eleven months, the LAMP Fellow works closely with the MP, providing extensive research support for his/her parliamentary work. (For details, visit here)

4) William J Clinton Fellowship

William J Clinton Fellowship

The Fellowship pairs a select number of highly skilled young professionals with leading NGOs and social enterprises in India in order to accelerate impact and create effective projects that are replicable, scalable, and sustainable. Through ten months of service and fieldwork, Fellows gain knowledge of development on the ground in the fields of education, livelihoods, public health, and social enterprise, honing and harnessing their growing skills as change agents capable of effecting lasting change. Together, fellows and development sector leaders form dynamic partnerships, to exchange knowledge and skills while sharing their passion and commitment to open new ways of looking at the world — ultimately transforming both the individual and organization. (For more information visit here)

5) Gandhi Fellowship

The Fellowship is an intensive 2-year rural residential program that helps talented young people develop the leadership skills necessary for positive change in society. The Fellowship challenges these young people to support primary school headmasters to transform their schools. In the process, Fellows discover what they want to do with their own lives and how to go about converting their ideas into reality. During the 2 years of the Fellowship, the fellows will be assigned 5 schools each. The fellows have to bring about a significant transformation in these schools. (For more information visit here)

6) Prime Minister’s Rural Fellowship

PMRDF
PMRD Fellowship is an initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) where the focus is to reduce poverty and improve the lives of people in rural India. During the two-year duration of the Fellowship, PMRD Fellows will work closely with District Magistrates of backward and remote districts in improving programme delivery and interface with marginalized sections, aiming to reduce the developmental and governance deficits. Fellows will also participate in a post graduate degree programme through e-enabled distance learning and contact sessions leading to M.Sc/M.Phil in Development Practice, to be conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). Immediately after successful completion of the two year fellowship, a PMRD Fellow is required to spend one year in public service as a paid full-time employee of the State Rural Livelihood Mission in the state she/he is assigned to. (For more information, visit here)

7) Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship Program

azimpremjifellowship

The Fellowship is an opportunity for you to explore various dimensions of education, and to discover if this is your calling. It is a 2-year full-time program, where a fellow will get to understand and experience the realities of rural Government schools. The fellowship involves:
a) 5 weeks classroom module to strengthen conceptual understanding of education and development issues
b) 22 months of intense field engagement at the grass roots level in the district institutes of the foundation.
c) Working on a live project that has significant purpose of improving quality at practice level.
(For more information visit here)

1. Apurv Agrawal (@apurv_agrawal)

The fellowship program by Amani institute (amaniinstitute.org) in Africa is really promising as well.

2. dhanya raj

nice one

3. richa

thanks for the information..i really needed it..

4. Anitha Choudhary

Thanks for getting them all on one page..will be really helpful!

5. Adithya Pasupuleti (@adithya1869)

Also consider adding – http://villgro.org/the-fellowship by Villgro Innovations Foundation to the list !

6. Alister

Also must check out Milaap’s Fellowship Program: http://milaap.org/milaap-fellows

7. Veena Bagree

thanks for sharing…!

8. Gaurav

thanks a million 🙂
    this just made my day

9. Sekhar

Thanks for the information. I’ve applied for one more, a SBI initiative: youthforindia.org

1. Sarah Chacko

Another fellowship to add to the list is the SBI Youth for India Fellowship program. It's a great initiative with fellows working on various rural development projects geared towards social change at 35 tribal locations across the country.

10. Jayanthi Erugu

Iam Intrested to take a fellowship member in YouthKiawaaz..when registrations will open …plz send me registration link to my mail id-erugujayanthi@gmail.com

11. krishnan

i am interest doing fellowship program at tribal area

12. vibhor srivastsava

I am on my path to find my calling, my purpose in life. I am on a personal journey to become a passionate reader, a strong worker, a non judgmental person and a fierce explorer. I tend to be careless and disorganized- something on which I am honestly working. Love to talk, meet new people, read, act, write, eat, listen.

13. Reena pandey

myself reena pandey, secretary of an organization named Apeksha Mahila Avam Bal vikas samiti, Avas vikas Banda. I want to do social work special for women and children with the help of any fellowship program.

14. Apurva

Dear Ankita,
    Good work! I really appreciate your efforts to share noteworthy fellowship programs for talented Indian Youth. You can add following fellowships to the list (in addition to what visitors have suggested):

Ashoka Fellowship: https://www.ashoka.org
    Fulbright Fellowship : http://www.usief.org.in
    Acumen Fellowship: www. acumen.org/leaders/regional-fellows/india

Hope this is helpful. Be Inspiring. Stay Inspired.

Wish you a wonderful time!

15. Akhil

The article is very good. You have listed very good fellowships. Read my post on fellowships .
    Best paid Fellowships in India

1. akhil

Add from this Fellowship in india

16. Vasudev

Hi,
    Are there any fellowships out side India which are into social Entrepreneurship, Rural Development, Sustainable Energies…?

17. Anbazhagan P

The kind of education must be changed drastically!We educate our children that the temperature of human body is 37 degree Celsius all over the world but we use A/c which consumes our energy of the body to maintain 37 degree Celsius . We teach our children eat only when really hungry and chew the food but we always talk while eating and also we loot at the people those who do not talk while eating and on corruption we can speak a lot !!The result of the present education system is : We scold the people those who are doing their activities correctly!

18. Gaurav Belwal

these fellowships are one of the best. I liked work with MPs. I saw some fellowships on this website ncert solutions 2nd one is the best in this site.

19. stuart gray

good post

20. Arjun Na

Helloo, Great post … Can u kindly share if there is any part time fellowships like this in Bangalure. I wish to go for GRE along side the fellowship. I will be in Bangalure. Kindly help.. Thank you.

21. Suryansh Yadav

hello , anyone can tell me
    m under graduate student i want to join fellowship in delhi .
    can i do this .

22. DEVENDRA KUMAR

hello , post graduate student i want to join fellowship in UP
    can i do this

23. lakshita lamba

Great list for fellowships in India!
    Another fellowship you can add here is Global Changemaker Fellowship by Connecting Dreams Foundation (CDF).

It is an opportunity for empowering Global Young Leaders changemakers aged 13-30 years to Accelerate their Transformative Initiatives
    Over the course of the program, the Fellows will continue implementing their initiative while participating in immersive workshops, training, and getting mentored by a panel of renowned mentors and advisors.

Visit the website to Register/ Nominate Now- https://connecting-dreams.org/changemaker-fellowship/

More from Ankita Nawalakha

By Shareerspeak

By Simran Pavecha

By Ankita Marwaha