An Open Letter To Patriarchal Society: Wake Up!

Dear patriarchal society,

What is the goal of a woman? What is her existence and significance in society? Since the very beginning, we raise a girl child into a coy mistress without our conscious awareness. Due to our faulty rearing, she hesitates to look forward and develop her own perception.

In this patriarchal dominating society, a girl is not safe at her own home! Why? How many more Nirbhayas will be the victims of the lust of predators? How many girls will be wretched and dragged brutally towards death?

Society, please wake up! Release yourself from the clutches of the patriarchal mindset and move towards the vision of humanity. Arise for new liberated thinking; justice delayed is justice denied.

A rapist is a cancer to society that silently kills the fundamental soul of our society. The government should take a rigid approach to create fast track courts to punish such culprits. The root of curbing this menace is enforcing women empowerment.

A complete makeover in the thinking patterns of society is the need of the hour. We, as a mother and as a woman never support her or pat her back! Why do we never give her our vigilant eye? Why can not a woman become a full fledged supporter of another woman?

While raising a girl kid we have to look forward to her emotional, physical as well as spiritual growth and wisdom. Without caring for the societal pressure we should create such liberated and spirited aura inside our home.

Another important aspect is education. An educated woman accelerates her accomplishments in her self-growth. We as a vigilant members of society, should nurture her from the beginning. We have to see and provide her education as a whole entity.

Another important perception is monetary freedom. Women will be liberated only when she has earning ability. That is why we should stress on her educational nourishment and provide a holistic approach towards her education that will endow a woman to become a defensive, self-confident and responsible citizen of society.

With hope,
A woman

Featured image for representative purpose only.