JNU Attack: 10 Points To Help You Understand The Bigger Picture

Violence in educational institutions – the temples of learning – an attack by masked goons – has no place in a civilized society. While one may blame the police for their alleged over enthusiasm or proverbial inaction, the fact is that the police is directed and controlled by the legislative.

1. The real solution for effective police functioning lies in the early implementation of the longstanding police reforms.

2. Students must press for early police reforms.

3. It is high time for students too, to manage their differences within their campuses through meaningful interactions.

4. They forget that student life is the most cherished period in one’s life. Friendships blossom and long lasting bonds begins in campuses. True support in life begins with different perspectives mutually shared and understood.

5. Many people’s lives get a foundation of confidence and skill sets in their campuses.

6. It is for the teachers to make the students realise that the best part of their life lies in their study campuses.

7. Look beyond politics and politicians.

8. Look for skill sets and fight every game with courage and conviction. The harder the situation, the more resilient should the students be – with deeper introspection, finding sustainable solutions to their problems.

9. Students must realise their strength. Today, the youth comprise 35% of India’s population. So, the future of this great nation lies in your hands. Do not lose heart. Remember, behind every historic events in the world there was the youth who dared to dream, do and dedicate their time and resources for the cause. Every scientific achievement every budding entrepreneur is a youth who chose the tough route.

10. Never be a prey to politicians and ideologies. Let no politicians and ideologies control you. Let it be otherwise.

It is heartening to see the conscience in people has awakened to the violence on students. Students – they are diamonds. Let us not crush them and trample to dump in the mud of brutality and despair.

Instead, let us nurture them encourage them to bank on their strengths and enthusiasm, while many educated and civilised remain indoors or silent.

Look at Hollywood. The current spate of events shows that desperation has caught up when all prop ups and gambles failed. It’s like taking to violence when a team is losing in a game, resulting in fouls and injuring the opponents. It’s a lost game.

Allow them to do so by changing the gear of your game. The youth have changed. The mood has changed. Let us meet violence with love, sympathy and understanding. Let us reach out to our youth – no matter to which caste or religion or ideology they belong to. They are our youth – our precious treasure and brains of the future.

Featured image source: Hubbul Raja/Facebook.