Be A Young Changemaker: Volunteer With TribesforGOOD

Here are 10 reasons why you should join TribesforGOOD’s Young Changemakers Program:

Think Big. Local problems require big solutions. By learning how people like you are tackling problems across the world, you can expand your perspective on what you can change and how you can change it. Look beyond the community you are passionate about in order to find the right solutions for it. 

Demonstrate Initiative. What is it that you’re passionate about Gender inequality? Climate change? Do you want to work with people and organisations that are committed to tackling these challenges? Show the industry that you’re not just passionate, but also proactive. The Young Changemakers Program will give you the tools to show these skills through designing an impactful business. 

Work on a live project. The Young Changemakers Program not only provides you with the learning and skills of how to enact social change, but also allows you to start right away! Over the eight weeks of the program, you will research and design a project, and implement it in real time with a TribesforGOOD partner or in your community. Past projects have included research, online fundraising, evolving marketing strategies, and improving brand identity.

Start working on delivering social change alongside developing your knowledge.

Overcome preconceived notions about social change. We help individuals overcome their preconceived ideas and assumptions through sensitisation workshops. The Young Changemakers Program dismantles what you might think you know about social change. Learn about the complexities involved in communities and reorient your perspective on why social problems arise. From there, you will be able to drive change in communities more effectively and empathetically.

Walk in someone else’s shoes. Through TribesforGOOD activities that will expose you to various worldviews and lifestyles, you will develop a deeper empathy for others. 

Develop empathy. Walk in someone else’s shoes. Through TribesforGOOD activities that will expose you to various worldviews and lifestyles, you will develop a deeper empathy for others. This will help you understand yourself in relation to the world, improve your communication skills, and build positive relationships.  

Work with Industry Experts. Receive live feedback from professionals in the field. These people are already solving problems in their communities. Through the Young Changemakers Program, you can learn the framework to find real-world solutions from people who are already implementing them.

Be a lifelong learner: Want to get an edge over every other graduate out there? Develop professional connections, practical experience, as well as the ability to be a flexible, dynamic member of a workforce as you learn to tackle problems. Jonas Prising, CEO of ManpowerGroup, says that the ability to adapt your skills is the key to job security for young people.

Make a difference in your community. You can bring the biggest change in the lives of the people you know best. The Young Changemakers Program allows you to take the skills and knowledge learned through partnered NGOs and apply them to the challenges you are passionate about. By participating in the program, you can bring world-class social change methods and knowledge to the local issues and causes you care about most.

Work in a team. Learn how change is best implemented when you’re working with others. As a Young Changemaker, you will learn the skills required to work effectively with other young, passionate people. You will gain skills in communication, and cooperation and problem-solving within a team. You’ll also get to meet other young people who are passionate about social change.

Flexible hours & Remote Location: The Young Changemakers Program runs online within a virtual classroom and can be adapted to suit your schedule. Readings, facilitator content and design projects are all designed to be flexible and adaptable to your situation. So, you can work from wherever you are to get to where you want to be.

Featured image provided by TribesforGOOD.