Yet Again, India’s Bleeding Youth Have To Pay The Price For Political Whims

The series of attacks on students continues. The cost of raising voice and protest in the country which got its freedom due to protest is seen suppressing voices. This time, neither the protest was conducted nor the vandalism done – the Delhi Police yet again being the spectator.

The attack on JNU has raised a lot of questions. Some masked goons (around 50) enter the campus, armed. They ransack the hostel and charge on unarmed students. Many are seriously injured and some are in the ICU. Why this attack? How did they easily enter the college? How did they easily leave the campus? Where was the police? Can we recognise these goons by their clothes?

The ruling party give its condolences. The same party which never went quite over any events during the term when they were in opposition, remains restricted to Twitter. The opposition this time, being toothless, remains the same. In spite of all this happening, they never seem to worry. The suffering is always of the commoners. And they will continue to raise their voice; but now be aware that this may be last time your voice can be raised.

The attack, which was on JNU, it breaks the backbone of our Constitution. India has never seen something like this. Where are we heading? The earlier PM did not speak much and the current PM has not the courage to speak.

The hatred has risen to such an extent that still, the support of some reaches out to the attackers. They are students in JNU with a different ideology than yours, not any terrorist group. Everyone has got the freedom of choice, at least.

Today, raising your voice against the government has become equivalent to raising your voice against the country. Whatever may be the cause of this attack, it is unlawful and inhuman. Like this, everyone will arm themselves and hit anyone they like. All the time, we’re compared to Pakistan and the events happening there. We are not Pakistan, we are India. There is a vast difference between the two. We are being fooled and misguided for someone’s selfish profit.

We all are divided due to difference of ideology and are harming each other. By commenting, by assaulting, by molesting, all tracing back to a difference in ideology. Even politicians do not remain stuck to their ideologies and shift accordingly to be in power. Why are we so interested and influenced by them, then?

There is something above this. There is a sense, a sense of understanding difference between right and wrong, sense of humanity, sense of self-realisation, sense of respect, sense of acceptance. Only one cannot be right.

We should remain united and together at the moment. It is insane to be influenced by someone only to harm other people. We all are the same, we all are humans. We all have the right to breathe. May peace be soon restored in the country. If you ask me, the attackers should be put behind bars.