#PeriodPaath: By Scraping The Dogmas Behind Periods ?

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

It is so easy to shout and propagate logical thoughts about myths regarding periods?. But unfortunately we have never raised our vocal level against the disposal of non biodegradable sanitary pads. It is a fact that most of our common mass are using cheap products which cannot be degradable in future. So there should be a proper dumping yard or coveted place in every localities. Another thing is abolishing the fear or hesitation regarding the disposal of pads that has been reigning in our patriarchal society since ages.

Proper societal awareness and a change in behavioural process should be implemented. Exclusiveness in confidence and lack of superstitious faith in families will be helpful for eradicating the fear which a general woman goes through even while disposal of her used sanitary in her localities. Our local Municipality should create several awareness among individuals to revoke the hesitation and fear regarding hygiene in proper disposal and destruction of myths regarding menstruation?. Proper scientific implementation by recycling the used sanitaries will be a get way to A Revolution in New India.