Creating Future Citizenry Through Community Engagement In Bal Sabha

We can never deny the importance of pedagogical interventions to improve outcomes of child learning. But at the same time, we must understand the importance of co-academic activities which play a major role in the overall development of the child as a leader. We now know more about what children need in order to grow emotionally and intellectually. For example, research shows that active, physical, and cognitively stimulating play is necessary for optimal brain growth and development.

As the emphasis in education shifts from the syllabi to a holistic development of the child, schools now consider  student learning outcomes as their goals. . It is apparent that the community plays a vital role in the development of child leading development of schools as an institution.

Today’s children are tomorrow’s leaders’– with this perspective, we head towards inculcating leadership quality among the students. As we all know,  attendance of children in schools is the foremost requirement to imagine a school. However, absenteeism seems to be a major hurdle in child learning and growth. 

Baal Sansad plays a vital role in schools as well as a community. Bridging the gap between school and community, and developing community ownership within schools can be encouraged through a constructive engagement of Bal Sansad. Bal Sansad acts as a catalyst in inculcating leadership qualities in children. The programme can also help  deal with the challenging issue of absenteeism. 

Community can solve every problem with the talent of a child. Community is not just a group of people, but a  group of children, as well as old people, who have different sets of knowledge, but are interested in working with each other. At a young age, emerging youths have the power to generate new ideas in order to solve the problems of a society. Simply, community as a platform can enhance the overall personality development of each child.

Bal Sansad should, thus be mandatory in all the schools, purely from the  perspective of the development of future citizenry.

Featured image source: Wikimedia Commons