Is The Modi Sarkar Deceitful Or Just Confused?

Understand The Chronology

”First the CAB will come. All refugees will get citizenship. Then NRC will come. Understand the chronology.”
– Amit Shah

Though this Act is described as a way to help persecuted minorities from neighbouring countries, it ignores entirely other communities such as Tamils in Sri Lanka and Rohingyas in Myanmar.

But There Is Always Another Side Of A Coin

Adding fire to the issue, PM Modi comes up with contrary statement to Amit Shah’s which raises more doubts, confusion.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi  said there has been no discussion on implementing a National Register of Citizens (NRC) in India, even as he clarified that the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA), 2019, would not affect Muslims who have been living in the country for generations.

Is The CAA-NRC A Long Term Plan?

Amit Shah, in a media interview stated that Aadhaar, voter card and other government documents do not prove citizenship. “These do not decide citizenship,” he said, adding, “People will have to present pre-1971 documents to prove their citizenship.”

But the same Amit Shah directs people to follow Sadhguru who cites the list below considered to be proof for being a citizen according to the NRC:

• Birth certificate
  • Proof of schooling
  • Aadhar Card
  • Ration Card
  • Election Card

Although Amit Shah assures that no Muslim and other minorities will be affected by this bill, former President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed’s family was left out of the NRC list multiple times.

In Assam, one or both parents had made it to the National Register of Citizens (NRC) for Assam but the children were detained because they could not clear the citizenship test. The final National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam declared 19 lakh people as foreigners, including Hindus.

Narendra Modi said that there are no detention camps in the country and blamed the Congress for the rumours. But, there is evidence that these camps have already been built.