“Have Shaheen Bagh Protestors Consumed Nectar?” The Answer Is No.

“Have the protesters at Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh consumed some sort of nectar?” asked a famous opposition party leader from West Bengal. He was not only dazed but also surprised to think as none of the protesters at Shaheen Bagh had fallen ill or died so far, despite sitting under inclement weather.

More than one and a half month of the icy winter has passed since their stir began in protest against what they have termed “a black law.” Though black as a noun often offends, as an adjective it tends to affect contrary and negative reactions. Hundreds of women have been protesting at the aforementioned spot in South Delhi, causing much ire to those who are on the road, as CAA supporters affirm this in retaliation.

As per his statement, the BJP leader has found himself deeply engrossing over the incredible situation as though nothing serious is happening to them. All of us have gone through intense woes but he appeared to have not asked AAP leader Manish Sisodia about the science behind lengthening the peaceful demonstration and daily slogan-shouting spectacle.

Just like the easy science of dirty water supply, he is supposed to perfectly understand the science behind it. He left no stone in telling the common Delhiites what actually causes the flow of dirty water supply in most of the seventy constituencies of the state.

The energetic BJP leader should approach him so that he can be cleared. We cannot restrain what is bound to happen. All we can possibly control is how staunch critics have been countering the ongoing stir.

The women and the children are intact due to their bodies’ natural response to the agonising cold weather. Of course, one may shiver, breathe at a faster pace, and have a general desire to get to a warmer environment as fast as possible. Nevertheless, the human body begins to adapt to colder weather after a length of time and later, it becomes relatively easier.

It has been continuously stated that the protest has been continuing in line with Gandhian values, yet there was no no possible endeavour left to strongly oppose the protesters. Presently, this very protest has supposedly given enough coating to the political environment pervading in Delhi on account of the election due next month.

The way the protesters are being targetted changes our impression about the peaceful protest, and just how great the odds piled against them can be. Here, a few lines from Greta Gerwig’s film Little Women adapted from Louisa May Alcott’s 1868 novel on sisterhood need to be mentioned. It goes thus, “Women, they have minds and they have souls as well as some hearts. They have got ambition and they have got talent….”