How Technology Is Making The Lives Of People With Disabilities Easy

“The only way to discover the possibilities is to go beyond the impossible”.

India is becoming more and more advanced with new technologies every day. The technology we are using today is making our lives convenient in many ways. Everyone uses mobile phones, and information is available with just a click. This technology is a boon for people with disabilities.

The use of smartphones is making lives smarter, especially for people with disabilities. Now, booking a vehicle to traveling anywhere in the city has become easy. When smart devices were not available, many people, including people with disabilities, had to face problems in finding a taxi at an affordable price. But now, whether anyone has to find the right route to reach a place or learn anything new — everything is available on the internet.

Smartphones today are optimised in such a way that a person with a disability can use them easily. For example, if a person with low vision is using a smartphone, the device has a feature of accessibility in it that allows a visually impaired person to use the software known as, ‘Text Reading‘. It is a software that reads all the text out loud to a blind person. To me, ‘Be My Eyes‘ is the best application for the blind. ‘Voice Dream‘ is another wonderful application for a person with a learning disability.

Innovation in disability aids such as converting a daily-use wheelchair into a battery wheelchair is very convenient, which has helped differently-abled people with difficulty in mobility to easily travel on roads. Technology also helps in learning what therapy and exercises are best according to the type of disability. This has played a vital role in improving the lifestyle of people with disabilities.