All That Matters Is What You Think Of Yourself

I was walking on my terrace at night. I was thinking about my life and started overthinking certain things. I usually look at the sky and get fascinated by it. I opened my phone’s camera because I was mesmerized by the beautiful white moon. Then, I noticed that my camera showed the moon as a tiny little object, approximately equivalent to a small star. But it’s actually huge and exceptional.

Then, I realised that the people around me have done this to me all my life. When people try to look me through their eyes, they filter the real me. People know nothing about my life but judge me on the basis of the situation they see me in and perceive me the way they wish to.

They see me as another trivial non-existent entity who makes zero difference in the world. They made me feel worthless and useless and fooled me to believe all of it. I always thought that I am ‘good-for-nothing,’ and that life will be miserable and sad forever. I have already lived through the worst days of my life and got over them somehow.

But, I luckily started to explore my inner voice and started believing in myself. Since then, I have repeated this to myself again-and-again: “I am so much more than what people see me as. If I know my worth and I make myself believe in it, I can move mountains for sure.”

The first and the last image are of the moon that I captured in the cloudy sky, where the moon looks like another trivial entity, but in reality, it’s not.

The moon is phenomenal, as portrayed in the second picture. It’s big and exceptional, and astonishing. Even when it’s not whole and has freckles on it, it’s beautiful and outstanding.

The same is with humans, it does not matter what others think of you. All that matters is what you think of yourself.