Immigrant: A Poem From ‘April Is Lush’ By Aditya Tiwari

You become a passageway
between the two countries,
motherland and foreign
land knowing too many
languages inside of you,
trying to stay rooted to your
past and growing towards
your future too many
cuisines. cultures. dreams.
goals. and memories. inside
of you.

adaptations and hope for a
better future how can you
not be enough you have so
many stories living inside of
you no books can carry how
can you not become what
you want to be
you are enough.

– immigrant

About The Poet

Aditya Tiwari is an Indian poet, writer, storyteller, and one of India’s emerging gay-rights activists known for going beyond the boundaries.

Moving to New York in 2016 to pursue a degree in Journalism, Aditya wasn’t satisfied with being bi-cultural and realised that one had to be whole within the self. A multi-passionate creative started in 2014 with prose, and embracing poetry in 2017, it was clear when the party left, finding himself among some broken glasses and poetry, that he found his voice.

However, you find your voice in inspiration, from within you, describing poetry as breathing fresh air, self-expression, and an extension of his being, that lights his fire. Aditya raises his voice in alternating hushed and passionate tones of his poetry and asks you to do the same.

His writing aims to touch many different concepts with emotional connectivity through poetry, storytelling, and narrative. He published his first collection of poems, April is Lush, in April 2019.