‘We, The People Of India, Have Failed To Uphold Our Constitutional Values’

Our constitution devises the idea of “Integrity” and explicitly emphasizes on “fraternity”, though we, the people of India, have failed to inculcate this.

When we trace the locus back to history, there are very few civilizations who could hold themselves in high self-pride for not conquering, annexing the sovereignty of any civilization, INDIA IS ONE OF THEM. But, the question arises: when did contemporary India fail to show the same kind of harmony and compassion for each other? What happened to the holy land where the light of Upanishads and the wisdom of Budha, Mahavira, Gurunanak prevail in every nook and corner of the country?

Modern India in colonial rule, and post-independent India, witnessed communal riots, atrocities on the ground of caste, religion, language and whatnot. The preamble of the constitution of India devises the idea of “Integrity” and explicitly emphasizes on “Fraternity”, though we, the people of India, have failed to inculcate this.

It is not the ideology of land, neither the grievances and injustice, but the ignorance of human beings and vested interests of a handful of people that lead to disastrous consequences for masses and nation too.