What’s Next For ISRO And India’s Space Research Program?

At the doorstep of 2020, India’s Space Program stands strong in all its might and excellence. With the aspirations to make India a superpower, India’s space research during the tenure of PM Narendra Modi has received accolades from countries across the globe.

Since its inception in the year 1969, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has significantly evolved and has entered into the elite global space club, riding on extensive scientific research. Yet it has not attained the same level of popularity as that of NASA or the Roscosmos. Any guesses why?

The Chandrayaan launching.

Each time it comes to finances, the government always suffers a dilemma between spending the allotted to ISRO versus those stricken with poverty. ISRO has always kept its focus point on missions that were developmental in nature. ISRO has been one of the most cost-effective members of the effective space industries on this planet. But it’s high time now that we as Indians know the real capacity, significance and importance of space research from our country’s perspective.

Marketing plays a quintessential role in taking the work of ISRO to the last man standing in our country. When NASA was founded, US space research was determined with the sole purpose of making it stand apart from the USSR. An aggressive public interaction campaign was designed to connect the citizens of the US with the free-flowing mechanism of information between the two to keep the citizens well-informed about each and every development in US space research.

Working on similar lines, the NDA government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has come out extensively in heaps and bounds to share India’s achievements in the field of space research. He has made the most of his communication model to reach out to the citizens time and over.

Be it the entry of Mangalyaan in the Mars orbit or the launch of Chandrayaan-II mission, the PM made sure he had his words heard by the entire country. Political parties have been critical of the PM’s speeches on scientific achievements asking him not to seek the credit for scientific research done by our scientists.

But, he never shied away from using his oratory skills to connect with the citizens on various occasions to showcase India’s might in the field of space research. India has also joined hands with global nations to explore new avenues of space research.

ISRO has shifted its focus to connect the youth and engage them with India’s upcoming space research programs. 2020 is expected to witness ISRO rolling out new innovative programs to connect itself with the 130 crore Indians across the country.

Note: this post was originally published here

Featured image source: ISRO – Indian Space Research Organisation/Facebook.