Did The Hindu Raksha Dal Just Take Responsibility For The JNU Attack?

A fringe group named Hindu Raksha Dal has allegedly come forward and claimed responsibility for the violence that was carried out at the JNU campus, on the evening of 5th January 2020.

Bhupendra Tomar, alias Pinky Chaudhary, has accepted that the entire operation, which left about 35 people severely injured, was carried out by the Hindu Raksha Dal.

The group has released a 1 min 59-sec video of their leader, Bhupendra Tomar, alias Pinky Chaudhary, who spoke out against JNU and called students anti-nationals.

“The way these people have been behaving over the years, especially the people in JNU, it is against our religion. We can never tolerate such anti-national activities,” Chaudhary said.

He also added, “JNU is a hotbed of anti-national activities and we cannot tolerate this.”

Chaudhary’s video aired around the same time another video, which has now gone viral, was doing the rounds shows on social media; it shows ABVP’s Delhi Joint Secretary, Anima Sonkar, admitting on national television, that two armed men seen in videos, carrying rods in the JNU campus, are from the RSS-linked student union.

The authenticity of the claim made by the fringe group is yet to be verified by the police and they have said an investigation is underway. Various technologies like face-recognition software are being implemented to trace the masked goons, who barged into the campus with weapons. Also, police are examining multiple video clips, to retrieve minute details, like physical appearance etc. of the attackers.