#PeriodPaath: Management Regarding Menstrual Hygiene And Waste

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

Government and non government organizations should conduct seminars and make policies,making people aware of menstrual hygiene and management. Government should give funds to municipal corporation or NGO’s for the construction of women friendly toilets.

A toilet must have a dustbin with lid,water availability,toilet paper,sink etc.

Clay or cemented incinerators should be used in rural,public,school which will help in burning napkins without creating any smoke.

Sanitary napkins vending machines should be installed in public and schools toilets. Government has imposed 12%Gst on napkins which is not women friendly policy as it will affect the health of women who can’t afford it because they will use clothes instead of that

Workers should be given gloves and proper safety tools should be given to cleaners so that they are not exposed to pathogenic organisms.