#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

To,

The MLA of Timarpur Assembly constituency
Mr. Pankaj Pushkar

Subject : Menstrual Hygiene in my local area _ Timarpur ( North Delhi)

Respected Sir,
I am writing this open letter to you and yours respected team through this open platform regarding the huge lack of menstrual Hygiene awareness and mismanagement of waste and Menstrual Hygiene Practices ( For ex. waste disposal : challenges faced by School going girls on our local area).

As we all know that in Delhi , an educational areas we are going to be appreciated and we also believed this.
And we hope that we will be able to achieved as soon as. My study and analysing that menstrual Hygiene also strongly effected day to day life of girls or women. But in practical life , we faced various challenges . For example we don’t have right way to dispose the watse and strong education on menstrual Hygiene Practices .Still face our little school going girls who belong the rural areas and local areas . they are not huge or right knowledge about that .we found that little , inaccurate is a great Practices in the path of personal and Menstrual Hygiene management. Girls or women have Very less or no knowledge about
Reproductive Track Infections caused due to ignorance of menstrual Hygiene .We found that there are badly managed of these types of waste.

Me and my friends are directly engaged with the school going Girls. So that I would like to suggest some ideas to improvement this area to solve or decreasing this issue or taboo.
#) Make more strong menstrual Hygiene strategies and implementations.
#) Workshop/ training to management of waste
#) Increase the sessions in the schools and also resource and trainer both .
#) Identify the leaders with the community or area who lead this types of campaign.
#)Provide low cost sanitary product to all girls .
#) Waste disposal Dustbins within the each area( Strong or special dustbins).etc

I will be grateful if you and yours respected team kindly take immediately effective actions as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Regards,

Laxmi Gaire