#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene 8

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

My name is Avni Bhati , and I am from DPS Indirapuram. Periods is a time that is very important for each woman or girl. A girl or woman is completely healthy when she experiences her monthly periods regularly. But if she does not keep in mind to be very particular about hygiene in these 5 days , then it  is possible that some infection or health problem might happen. What I personally think is that  a girl can remain clean and hygienic with a few tips in mind. Example-to bath regularly, eat healthy foods, use fresh tampons or sanitary pads and especially to not use dirty clothes instead of napkins or tampons . I feel that the school can also help about it by providing with clean toilets. They should get the plumbers to check the washrooms at least twice in a month, because sometimes the whole thing starts leaking like mad, and most of diseases start from uncleaned washrooms. Also, thee should be some extra napkins provided in the clinic , just in case. Thank you very much .