#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene 9

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

MY NAME IS VAISHNAVI TRIPATHI, AM STUDENT OF CLASS VI-C, DPS INDRAPURAM GHAZIABAD, U.P., INDIA.

Menestral period is that when the body gets miturad from inside and when ovary get miturad. The majour worry for most of the girls of 11 to 18 years of age is the periodic monthly bleeding from their vagina. This is called menustruation, commonly known as months /periods/cycle/dates/menses,etc. This is accompanied with the feeling of fear, tension and apprehension in them.

SYMPTOMS OF PERIODS/ MENSTURATION CYCLE:

1. Skin gets oiller
  2. Acne on face
  3. Broadening of Hips/ weight on hips
  4. Growth of Hair in underarms and pubic area
  5. Stomach Ache
  6. Itching and Irritation in Vagina
  7. Breast development
  8. White discharge/ Jelly like white substance on the vagina

PARAMETERS FOR MAINTAINING HYGIENE DURING MENSTURATION CYCLE:

1. Cleaning of Vagina everyday with water
  2. Keeping extra pads in the school bag or locker of school provided to you
  3. Washing of face 3-4 times a day with water. In case you wish to use soap/ facewash then maximum 2 times a day
  4. Use Sanitory Napkins/ Pads/ Cotton Cloth
  5. Take bath or shower with mild soap at least once a day
  6. Cut your Nails and clean them regularly. They are potent source of transmission of bacterial, fungal and viral infections
  7. Wash your hands twice after using washroom everytime
  8. Clean towel and clean clothes are must to be used for wiping your body
  9. Use clean cotton undergarments and change them regularly
  10. Cotton undergarments should be washed and dried in sunlight for proper sanitization. Sun rays are natural disinfectants
  11. The area between the legs should be kept dry to avoid infection/ skin rashes. You may apply moisturiser or coconut oil in case of rashes
  12. Stay away from phone rays as they are harmful

Thanks for reading me and I humbly request all my friends to adhere the above parameters for a healthy body.

Thanking you with best regards

Vaishnavi Tripathi

Class VI-C, DPS Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, U.P., India.