#PeriodPaath: “Public Toilets Every One Kilometre”

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

1407 NHBC Sai Baba Chowk

Panipat

29th January 2020

The Deputy Commissioner

Panipat

Respected sir / madam

Subject : regarding the menstrual hygiene

This is the letter regarding the menstrual hygiene which is to be maintained by all the women and girls. Girls are not educated and are not aware about the menstruation cycle. Menstruation is a sensitive topic which everybody should know. Menstruation is the period between the menstruation and the menopause. It occurs when the hormones get changed in our body. It occurs every month. Girls should be educated about it. Sanitary pads and some medicines are used during periods. It occurs during the age 11 to 45  years of age group.

Government have started many campaigns to educate girl child. But then only we people lack to get knowledge about it. Some poor girls are not aware about the problem and use dirty cloth instead of sanitary pads. Due to the use of dirty cloth many problems and diseases can be caused. If we will not maintain our hygiene many diseases can be caused.

Government should build public toilets at the distance of every 1 km. Girls washroom should be clean and properly maintained. Also some security should be made in women washroom. Sanitary pads should be kept in the washroom for any emergency. Free or cheap cost sanitary pads should be given to poor girls or women. We as a concerned youth of our country teach our girls that it is not a topic of shame for anyone. We should not hesitate to discuss this problem with any boy or a girl in school in a emergency. We should also educate poor girls living in our locality about mensuration.

Yours truly

Mishika Sardana

A Student of DPS Panipat City