#PeriodPaath: Menstrual Hygiene Management 1

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

To,

health deportment,

kosgi.

Menstruation is a very important factor in women.

It is important for everyone to know the full details of menstruation. In rural areas, the timing of bleeding is a big factor.

Believing in superstition is more important than maintaining hygiene during menstruation.

The use of sanitary napkin in the villages is considered very wrong, and it is believed that anything that does not happen to them is done.

70% of villagers still use cloth. Be careful not to tell anyone about the time of menstruation.

The cloths they use are also secretly dried. Doing so will cause health problems. But they don’t recognize it. At that point they are in the habit of doing something wrong.

Even the men at home don’t want to know, and don’t want to talk about menstruation in front of them.

Even with the rise of technology, in the villages still do not think about hygiene with superstition.

Sanitary napkin use is also not fully understood.

They need to remove the superstition and bring about change. For that we have to work hard.

Explain their use and use of sanitary napkins for girls in school.

Both parents need to know these things too.

Maintain menstrual hygiene awareness. Everyone needs to be informed about what they need to know.

Sanitary napkins should be delivered to the school in view of their financial circumstances.

The school should also provide sanitary napkins in case of emergencies. The school owners also need to know the circumstances of the girls to do this.

They will also educate rural women on how

to make sanitary napkins with regional goods.Doing so can serve a dual purpose.

K.Mamatha, Social mobiliser, Room to Read, CREDOC