#PeriodPaath: Menstruation

Editor’s Note: This post is an entry for the #Periodपाठ writing contest, a unique opportunity for you to write a letter and stand a chance of winning up to ₹30,000! The contest is organised by Youth Ki Awaaz in collaboration with WSSCC. Find out more here and submit your entry!

Ms.Nigam parshad

Nandnagri

Delhi-110093

Subject:- Issue for menstruation hygiene and lack of awareness.

Respected ma’am,

I am one of the girl of the local area and I using this digital platform to make use of it for issue of  menstruation hygiene. People did not talk about menstruation or menstruation hygiene in society its taboo to talk about openly.In daily basis I working with adolescents girls and they share their experience regarding regarding myths and criticisms regarding menstruation practice.In my observation at the local area sanitary pads are not disposed properly which can seen openly on road.we all( girls )disposed menstrual products in domestic waste and mostly domestic waste in eaten by the animals which cause them hazards illness.

We as youth we need to find out the solution of this problem so that we can together share and talk about this issue openly. I have some idea like – awareness camp on menstruation hygiene, dustbin for hazards waste, use of cotton clothes during periods so that we can fight and talk about the menstruation hygiene and issue openly.

Regards,

Madhulika