My Vision Of New India

As we stand on the threshold of the 71st Republic Day my biggest aspiration for my country is women’s safety.

Recently, the crimes that occurred at the end of 2019 have somewhere led us to think about where we are heading.

It’s the 21st  century and we have come so far from where we were in terms of development, technological advancement, education, health and awareness. Even then, women in India are not safe.

Why can’t they travel at night, or go alone? Why is it that women are still suffering in one way or the other? 

Somewhere, it is because of ruthless crimes such as domestic violence and marital frauds that are increasing day by day. Women should have the freedom of taking their own stand and living their life while being confident and strong, instead of having any kind of fear in their mind.

In my view, there is only one thing that is needed to control such acts or crimes, and that is  ‘law’. Laws regarding women’s safety should not only be modified, but also implemented at once so that people who commit such crimes should think for a while, and  the fear of the strictest penalty should run in their minds before they commit such acts.

My vision for the country is to see my India as a place where there is peace and safety for women,  so that every woman of India can proudly say:

“I am proud to be an Indian”